Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Recommended Travel Book: Power Travel

It is not often that I am impressed by another travel reference book. I am only about 50 pages into a current one and I am thoroughly impressed. The book is "The Wall Street Journal Guide to Power Travel: How to Arrive with Your Dignity, Sanity, and Wallet Intact" by Scott McCartney (aka WSJ's Middle Seat columnist).

Scott's writing is unpretentious, straightforward, and, most importantly, valuable. So far in the book, he outlines important websites (and specific features and methods) for booking airfares.

Again, I have only read a small percentage but I believe this book is better than any other travel reference book published since 2001. More details to come but I do not hesitate to suggest that you go buy it (or check it out from the library, as I did).

© 2009, Charles McCool

No comments: